We are pleased to announce that Piedmont Healthcare and UnitedHealthcare (United) have reached a new, three-year agreement that protects your access to our facilities and Piedmont Clinic physicians.
This means that all United members with commercial health insurance will have in-network access to all six Piedmont hospitals, including Piedmont Atlanta, Piedmont Fayette, Piedmont Mountainside, Piedmont Newnan, Piedmont Henry and Piedmont Newton, and the 1,400 Piedmont Clinic physicians effectively immediately. The contract is retroactive to July 1, so if you’ve received care from a Piedmont Clinic physician or hospital during this out of network period, it will be processed as an in-network visit.
Because we know that some of you have canceled or delayed appointments and now would like to see your physician as quickly as possible, many of our physicians will be offering extended hours, including some weekend hours.
Throughout these negotiations, our number one priority was—and will continue to be—our patients, and the relationship you have with your trusted physician. We know this process has been very tough on everyone involved, especially you, our patients. We are happy to have found common ground, and that both organizations have committed to working collaboratively to extend high quality, patient-centered care in our communities.
Atlanta has great healthcare options, but none excel in more areas than Piedmont. Among Piedmont’s high-quality, patient-centered care are:
- Comprehensive cancer services, as the only certified member in Georgia of MD Anderson Cancer Network®, a program of The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center.
- Nationally recognized cardiovascular care with a Level I Cardiovascular Center, Piedmont’s Marcus Heart Valve Center and partnership with Cleveland Clinic, the nation’s #1 heart program.
- Some of the best patient outcomes in the nation for transplantation. The number of transplants performed at Piedmont Transplant Institute per year ranked in the top 15% of U.S. abdominal transplant programs.
- Level III Neonatal Intensive Care
- More than 2,600 medical staff physicians including 1,400 Piedmont Clinic physicians in our community.